Saturday, February 4, 2012

Fingers Crossed

Earlier this week I finished and sent off my murder mystery story for the next Minnesota Crime Wave anthology. They’re the folks who put together Resort to Murder, which I have a story in. I hope they like it. It was a bugger to write – I restarted the thing at least half a dozen times. I kept changing the point of view, the number of characters, etc. At first it was from one person’s pov, then another’s, then an omniscient pov, before I finally settled on the way I thought best to tell the story. I changed the beginning a bunch of times, cut out a scene I really liked (since it didn’t work with the pov I ended up using) but eventually the story shaped up, and I like how it turned out. I also learned what a pomander is.

So for now, I’m keeping my fingers crossed!

UPDATE: They bought it!


* * * * * 


No comments:

Post a Comment