Monday, January 5, 2015

2014 - My Authorish Year in Review (more or less)

2014 was a fun year for me. I spoke at a lot of places - 23, in fact - travelling around Minnesota and North Dakota to do so. I also had 9 book signings, presented/taught at 3 young writers conferences (in Marshall, Rochester and Mankato, Minnesota) and taught a writing class through our local Arts & Cultural Center. Teaching writing was a first for me, and good God, does doing something like that make you appreciate actual teachers who do that full-time. Just the little bit I did nearly wore me out!

I also created a book tour that wound through Minnesota, North Dakota, Montana, Wyoming and South Dakota. My daughter Paige accompanied me and kept me on my toes. And okay, I admit that it was actually an excuse to visit Yellowstone again. Just don't tell my wife that. But anyway, due to that tour, a lot more historical societies and gift shops carry my YA historical novel Ox Cart Angel now - including one of my favorite places for all things kitschy, Wall Drug! They even ordered additional copies a few weeks after I got home. If you'd like to read about my author tour, you can start here.

I released a couple more short story collections; A Wrinkle in Crime (mystery/crime stories) and Bedtime Stories for the Apocalypse III (horror, mostly) and I've made a lot of progress on my sequel to Ox Cart Angel, called Uprising Angel, which takes place during the Minnesota Uprising in 1862. To be honest, though, I am itching to write another horror novel, as well.

I also started a monthly (or thereabouts) newsletter to keep folks informed about my writing, travels, etc. You can also win stuff on there, too! You can sign up here, if you're interested: http://eepurl.com/Gre2f

So anyhoo...

I hope you all had a wonderful 2014, and may 2015 be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment