Thursday, July 25, 2013

5 Questions with Evelyn Klein

At the Minnesota River Arts Fair recently, I shared a literary tent with a bunch of other authors, and had a chance to interview them briefly. I asked each of them the same five questions. Here's what poet and memoir writer Evelyn Klein had to say!




1 – What’s your latest book about?

Seasons of Desire – it’s about following your dreams throughout your life and developing your talent so that you’re continually growing. It uses real people out of history and from today.



2 – Who’s your favorite author and/or what’s your favorite book?

I keep going back to Emily Dickinson and Carl Sandburg.

3 – What’s your favorite aspect of writing?

 I always am finding out things I didn't know before. Writing is like a journey into the unknown.

4 – Any good anecdotes about being a writer?

Once when I was teaching, I had a student teacher who got so involved with my class, that when I needed her, I looked around and there she was, sitting with the students and doing the assignment – she’d been so inspired by the class.

5 – What was the most helpful writing advice you've ever received?

My father, a visual artist, said that you know you’re talented when you can work on something until you’re completely satisfied with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment