Wednesday, July 16, 2014

2014 Author Tour - Final Part

(To start at the beginning of this series of posts about my 2014 Author Tour, go here)

After spending the night in Murdo, we drove east toward home. Stopped for lunch at Al's Oasis while it poured rain, crossed the Missouri River into Chamberlain and then stopped in Mitchell. Of course the Corn Palace was an obligatory stop, although they were doing some refurbishing of the outside.


After buying some delicious popcorn balls inside the palace (which is actually an auditorium where high school basketball games are played and concerts are held, but during tourist season converts into a giant gift shop) we headed over to the Dakota Discovery Museum, where they were kind enough to purchase some of my books. After that, it was a long stretch home.

It was a great trip. Got my book into 13 new stores that hadn't carried it before. Saw a lot of great places that can serve as potential magazine articles, story ideas or at least blog posts. I made a few great contacts, met a lot of good people, and Paige and I had a great time.

Yes, we had a great time, but we breathed a sigh of relief as we finally pulled into our driveway.

It's good to be home, be among the familiar, be with the rest of my family, my bed, my couch, my yard, my porch...

It's good to be home.

Thanks for following my blog posts about our 2014 Author Tour! If you'd like to be emailed whenever I post a new blog entry, and/or if you'd like to sign up to my once-a-month-or-so newsletter, check out the links on the right-hand side of this blog.

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment