Wednesday, July 2, 2014

A Yellowstone Interlude - the Wildflowers - 2014 Author Tour

(To start at the beginning of this series of posts about my 2014 Author Tour, go here)

Okay, so some of these pictures were also taken in Grand Tetons National Park, as well as in the Bighorn Mountains. Plus, I don't know my wildflowers very well, so I'm using a little color brochure I got to help identify them. Still, I'm probably way off, so if you know that I named something wrong, let me know in the comments, and I'll correct it.

One of the great things about this trip was the abundance of wildflowers. They were all over the place. Some places looked like Jackson Pollock filled his paint brush with the things and went to town. So much yellow and purple...it was beautiful.

In the Tetons. I'm gonna guess Showy Goldeneye.
At West Thumb geyser basin in Yellowstone. Don't know what the flowers are, but they were a carpet of yellow. 
In the Tetons again. I'm going with Silky Phacelia.
Tetons - same flowers as above.
Lupine, maybe?
In the Bighorns. Larkspur?
Also in the Bighorns. I have no idea what this is, so I'll just call it Pretty Flower.
Seriously, if you know what some of these actually are, let me know! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment