Wednesday, July 2, 2014

A Yellowstone Interlude - The Old Faithful Inn - 2014 Author Tour

(To start at the beginning of this series of posts about my 2014 Author Tour, go here)

I've mentioned this before, but the Old Faithful Inn is one of my favorite places in the world. Sitting on the second or third floor mezzanine and watching the tourists go by, or reading a book, or writing, or having a drink...is nirvana to me. 

Whenever I stay here, I like to stay in the old part of the Inn (known as the old house). I don't mind that you have to go down the hall to use the bathroom and shower. Paige wasn't so thrilled about it, though. The newer sections have their own bathrooms, but they just don't feel so...filled with the spiritual residue of so much humanity.

(I know using the word 'residue' in conjunction with a hotel isn't always the best idea, but get your head out of the gutter...)

Looking up at the Inn's roof and widow's walk
The Inn. The big chimney on the left rises from the dining room.
The deck of the Inn. It's a nice place to hang out and watch Old Faithful go off.
The second night we were there, we sat and listened to this guy play the fiddle. I can't recall his name, but he was really good, and the music was a perfect part of the atmosphere. Listening to him in the ambiance of the Inn was pure bliss.



The dining room is nice to eat in, but it gets pricey at night. So we went for the breakfast buffet.

The Inn's dining room
Here's where I tried to artistically frame the big ol' clock with the mezzanine support beam thingies. A little blurry and didn't quite work out like I'd hoped. But there ya go.
Of all the red doors in the world, this is my favorite.
And last, but not least, the obligatory money shot
 You can see some more pictures I took (and better ones!) a few years back of the Inn here....and here....and here...and here.

Thanks for stopping by! Now on to the Lake Yellowstone Hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment