Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Eric Bailly's Songs of the Red

After giving my Ox Cart Angel talk in Moorhead at the Hjemkomst Center this June, a fellow came up to me, introduced himself as Eric Bailly and gave me a copy of his CD called Songs of the Red. The songs are inspired by the Red River, whether they're about Lake Agassiz, the Red River Oxcarts, Louis Riel, or the Red River's tendency to flood. As I'm a bit scatterbrained, I completely forgot about it until I finally found it weeks later in my box of speaking materials. (Sorry, Eric!) I popped it in my car's cd player and listened. Excellent stuff! There's guitar, harmonica on some of the songs, some cello, and great harmonies.  Reminds me of early REM at times. 



Take a listen to one of my favorite songs on the album:

I highly recommend it!

The entire album is available on iTunes here or on Amazon here.


Give it a listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment