Saturday, June 28, 2014

Jamestown, North Dakota - National Buffalo Museum, Frontier Village - 2014 Author Tour, Part 1

(To start at the beginning of this series of posts about my 2014 Author Tour, go here)

The first stop on my 2014 Author Tour with my daughter Paige was in Jamestown, North Dakota. I had a book signing at the National Buffalo Museum. It's a nice museum with lots of displays on bison and their part in the history of America.

I always like to stop in Jamestown on my way out west (or coming back home from thereabouts) and take a walk in the old frontier town they have set up.

Here's the statue of the bison, which I always must pay homage to when passing through. It's the largest in the world. Not sure why it had a lei on it while we were there - perhaps it had spent the winter in Hawaii?


Here's a view of the frontier town. You can go into all the little buildings, and each has a nice display.


A little memorial to some of the townsfolk who have passed away:


Paige gets a time-out in the old jail:


Author Louis L'Amour grew up in Jamestown, and included in the frontier town is the Louis L'Amour Writer's Shack set up in his honor.


A display of some of his many books:


An old safe in the bank building. I have a thing for old safes, and I thought this one was especially cool.


Not a lot of people showed up at the signing, but it was still a nice time, and I got to chat with some wonderful folks and even sell a few books.




Thanks for stopping by! Now on to part 2 of my 2014 Author Tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment